Position : Project Coordinator
Location: Port Elizabeth
Eastern Cape Refugee Centre (ECRC) seeks to strengthen social trust among key community actors, including community based organizations, refugee and migrant groups, local political and traditional leaders in hot-spot communities and to build coalitions of South African citizens, refugee and migrants which promotes peaceful civic engagement and social cohesion
The Project Coordinator will strategically oversee implementation of the UNHCR social cohesion project. This position will be based in Port Elizabeth South Africa and will report to the Project Director .
The position is a Full time position for 6months
Duties and Responsibility
- Define project scope, goals deliverables that support business goals
- Communicate project expectations to team members plus stakeholders in a timely clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Manage project expectations with team members other stakeholders
- Schedule project timelines milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones deliverables
- Determine the frequency content of status reports from the project team; analyzing results, and also troubleshooting problem areas
- Define project success criteria; disseminating them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Create a recommendation report in order to identify successful unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices as well as tools for project execution management
- Associate’s degree in marketing, Politics, International relations or an area related to the program field
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite; specifically Word and Powerpoint
- Demonstrates the ability to be well-organized and to delegate work where appropriate and displays strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Qualified candidates are invited to send a resume to spullen@ECRC.org.za. Only candidates who meets the requirements will be considered for the position. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date 29 June 2020